Forward: Willard Bay

From: Julie VanMoorhem
Date: October 28, 2002 at 14:48:45
Subject: Willard Bay, 10-27-02

Pomera Fronce and I birded Willard Bay campground Sunday, 10-27-02, looking for the White-throated Sparrow. We didn't get the sparrow but did see, thanks to Jack Torrey, our first Bald Eagle of the season. We also saw a late McGillivray's Warbler and a very light-phase Merlin. The area was not too lively, but the day was glorious...other sightings: Bonaparte's Gulls, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Belted Kingfisher, White-crowned Sparrows (not very many), Cedar Waxwings, American Goldfinches, Red-tailed Hawk. At Antelope Causeway we saw about 8 Sanderling, Eared Grebes, Avocets.

If anyone sees the White-throated Sparrow again, please put it on the birdnet.

Good birding y'all,
Julie

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com