Hot Birds In Cold Weather

 As was reported by the Byer's on saturday and Bob Huntington today East Canyon Reservoir is the place to be right now for winter waterbird specialties. All species reported for saturday were still there today [monday]. In addition to the Barrow's and Common Goldeneye, Hooded and Common Merganser, Common and Pacific Loon, and Surf Scoter, there is now a White-winged Scoter and the Red-necked Grebe. Bald eagle have also arrived in the area.
 Also, of interest are three Sanderling at Utah  Lake [Provo Bay-Sweeds Lane] and a Winter Wren on the west side of West Mountain. The wren was in a most unlikely spot and I can't imagine it will stay up on that dry, rocky, Chukar infested, steep, cheatgrass mountain side. But who knows! You're welcome to try!
 One more thing. Alona and Bonnie still have Evening Grosbeak around their yards. They were there this morning. No luck at KC's for the Common Redpoll though. But I guess you can't see everything in a day!