Pacific Loon

This afternoon (10/27) we birded East Canyon Reservoir in Morgan County.
The highlight was a winter adult Pacific Loon.  It was located  in the
bay framed by highways 66 and 65, which junction at the head of the bay.
The bird was hanging around the two bouys.
Also on the Reservoir were approximately 100 Common Loons, 3 Surf
Scoters, 4 Hooded Mergansers, 20 Common Mergansers, several Common
Goldeneyes and at least one male Barrow's Goldeneye.
Along Highway 66, between Morgan and the Reservoir, we saw a murder of
American Crows, about 200 strong.  Also seen along the highway was a
flock of 50 Wild Turkeys.
A Northern Shrike was observed on Antelope Island, along the road leading
to Garr Ranch.
After seeing one Bald Eagle at Farmington Bay WMA last week, we hoped
there would be more arrivals, but we found no eagles today.

J & K Beyer