FW: Position announcement: Executive Director, HawkWatch International

Know any one who might be interested?
--- Begin Message ---
Please forward this job description to anyone you think might be interested.  If there is anyone that you'd like to suggest for HawkWatch to contact directly about this position, or places you think would be worthwhile to post the job announcement, please let me know.  We hope to have someone on board by the beginning of the year so that I can overlap with them for a couple of weeks before leaving in mid-January.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard Gross

Executive Director

HawkWatch International

1800 S. West Temple #226

SLC, UT 84115

Ph: 801/484-6502

Fax: 801/484-6810

 <http://www.hawkwatch.org> www.hawkwatch.org

HawkWatch International (HWI) is seeking an Executive Director responsible for the management of personnel, finances, and development efforts, and overseeing implementation of research, conservation, education, and membership programs.  HWI monitors and protects hawks, eagles, other birds of prey, and their environments through research, education, and conservation programs.  HWI's science program focuses on long-term research and monitoring of raptor populations, emphasizing migration studies in western North America (16 project sites in 10 states and Mexico).  HWI's conservation program focuses on reducing threats to raptors, including power line electrocutions, lead poisoning, and habitat loss/degradation.  HWI's environmental education programs reach more than 40,000 people each year in classrooms and at field sites.  HWI has an annual budget of approximately $1.3 million and employs eleven staff.  Approximately 70 seasonal field biologists, 5-6 interns, and scores of volunteers are also involved in working toward HWI's mission.  Membership is approximately 1,800 households, located throughout the U.S.  For a detailed job announcement and application procedures, visit  <http://www.hawkwatch.org> www.hawkwatch.org.  Review of applications will begin on November 4, 2002.

--- End Message ---