Egyptian Goose

Tony Jones and I went birding today. Our first stop was Farmington Bay among the many hunters. At the first bridge South of the Gate, which is now open, much to our surprise, we saw an Egyptian Goose. We were able to observe it with binoculars and scopes for five or more minutes as it feed along the bank of the small stream. We stopped by again for another great view on our way back out to observe it again. It had moved to the North bank and was foraging among several Snowy Egrets. We were able to see that it was not banded and did not have either hallux cut.

We continued to Antelope and saw four Red-naped Sapsuckers (a lifer for me) and both Swainson's Thrush and Hermit Thrush.

It was a great day for birding. We saw 52 speices.

Bob Bradley