Lytle Ranch, St. George. Washington Fields & Utah Lake

Among the most interesting birds (to me) which Tony Jones and I saw on our trip this weekend to St. George and Lytle Ranch were a juvenile Goshawk, American Redstart, Cassin's Vireo, Red-eyed Vireo, Long-eared Owl, Lincoln's Sparrow, Summer Tanager, and Sage Thrasher at Lytle or on the road in. In St. George we saw American White Pelicans on the Southgate Golf Course.

We got a great look at a Peregrine Falcon in Washington Fields along with other raptors Red-tailed Hawks, American Kestrels, and Northern Harriers.

At Utah Lake, we saw Semipalmated Plovers, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Least Sandpipers, Pectoral Sandpipers and Log-billed Dowitcher.

The total list we saw is:

American White Pelican
Great Blue Heron
Snowy Egret
Cattle Egret
White-faced Ibis
Turkey Vulture
Canada Goose
Mallard
Northern Harrier
Sharp-shined Hawk
Cooper's Hawk
Northern Goshawk
Ted-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
Peregrine Falcon
Ring-necked Pheasant
Sora
American Coot
Semipalmated Plover
Killdeer
American Avocet
Greater  Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Least Sandpiper
Pectoral Sandpiper
Long-billed Dowitcher
Franklin's Gull
California Gull
Caspian Tern
Forster's Tern
Rock Dove
Mourning Dove
Long-eared Owl
Black-chinned Hummingbird
Rufous Hummingbird
Ladder-backed Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Gray Flycatcher
Black Phoebe
Say's Phoebe
Loggerhead Shrike
Cassin's Vireo
Warbling Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Black-billed Magpie
Common Raven
Barn Swallow
Black-capped Chickadee
Verdin
Bushtit
Rock Wren
Bewick's Wren
House Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Northern Mockingbird
Sage Thrasher
European Starling
Orange-crowned Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Townsend's Warbler
American Redstart
MacGillavray's Warbler
Wilson's Warbler
Summer Tanager
Western Tanager
Spotted Towhee
Abert's Towhee
Chipping Sparrow
Brewer's Sparrow
Vesper Sparrow
Lark Sparrow
Savannah Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Lincoln's Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Black-headed Grosbeak
Lazuli Bunting
Western Meadowlark
Great-tailed Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird
House Finch
Lesser Goldfinch
House Sparrow

It was a last minute trip, but a great one.

Bob Bradley