Utah Lake - Cattle Egrets

Tony Jones and I went to St. George this weekend and saw some very interesting things.

On the way back home, we stopped at Utah Lake going out Center Street and continuing along the North side of the Provo River (Souther dike) where it empties into the lake. After leaving the park, we turned North on 4200 West, passed the parking lot and then turned East on the North Side of the Provo River (I think it is Boat Harbor Road). About 300 yards East of the turn we saw 6 Cattle Egrets on the North side of the road in among a small herd of cattle. They were busy eating the insects off the cattle. On of the birds still had some of the rusty coloring. Great sight. This was a lifer for me. I post again this evening with the other things we saw on the trip.

Bob Bradley