American Redstart, Pectoral Sandpipers

Today, Friday 8/23, we saw a male American Redstart on River Lane (west
of Springville).  It was seen several times from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm in
the area bounded by the cattle guard and continuing west to the large
overhanging tree branch that projects halfway across the dirt road.  Also
of note were Black-throated Gray, Nashville, and Townsend's Warblers.
And thanks to Merrill Webb for pointing out a Western Screech Owl.
We checked out the sandpipers at Lebarron's Point (near Genola) as
reported by Cheryl Peterson on Wednesday.  With a scope, we were able to
identify most of the birds, which included 3 or 4 Pectoral Sandpipers,
Baird's Sandpipers, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, and lots of Wilson's
Phalaropes.

Joel and Kathy Beyer