Spammers posting to the utahbirds.org mailing lists

During the past few days there have been several incidents of spammers
subscribing to the utahbirds.org mailing lists, then posting spam to the
lists.

Within the next two weeks I plan to begin filtering all mail that passes
through the utahbirds.org through SpamAssassin (yet ANOTHER spam filter).

In the meantime I have temporarily converted the main mailing lists to
"moderated" lists, which means that all posts must be approved. If you
post to the list and receive an apparent BOUNCE message, please don't be
alarmed. Your post will be approved shortly (assuming, of course, that it
is a legitimate post ...)

Thanks again for your participation!

Happy birding,

Weldon Whipple