Shorebirds

It has been one HOT July. I have been gone for a lot of it too. So I
haven't birded too much. I did run out around the Provo Airport Dike this
afternoon. At the southwest corner of the new extension there were quite a
few shorebirds. The only one that was a migrant probably was the Long
Billed Dowitchers. There were plenty of Soras out in plain sight. Also
there were Snowy Egrets, Killdeer, WIlsons Phalaropes, White Faced Ibis by
the hundreds out in the distance. Also there Were Eastern and Western
Kingbirds. A Caspian Tern diving for food was entertaining. Fun too see
some birds heading south for the winter already.

KC Childs