Display panels needed for bird festival

- --EXCITEBOUNDARY_000__3819b263635fd9ce6e35a1ea6d7fec44

 (forwarded by webmaster)

GREAT SALT LAKE BIRD FESTIVAL, 2002:

I have volunteered to put up an exhibition of ~24 of my matted-and-framed bird pictures entitled Birds of Great Salt Lake at GSLBF, 2002 (http://www.greatsaltlakebirdfest.com/index.htm).  This will be a one-day display at the Davis County Fairpark on Saturday, May 18.

Unfortunately, the Fairpark building where the display will be is a cinder-block building with no facilities for hanging pictures and I doubt that I would be allowed to attach anything to the walls that might damage them.

Therefore, I need to find some free-standing display panels about 6-8 feet tall and 3-4 feet wide, into which I can drive 1-inch nails.   The panels should provide a neutral background, e.g. brown burlap cloth or white foamboard.  Many of you have seen these panels in art galleries, museums, etc.  I estimate I would need about 6 panels, hanging pictures on both sides, ie. 4 per panel.

I would need the panels over the weekend from Fri. May 17 - Mon. May 20 and would be glad to rent them if necessary.

The Festival has numerous educational field trips and workshops for both children and adults, as well as an Art Show, so my gratis exhibition might qualify for assistance by the Utah Arts Council, if someone can suggest an appropriate person to contact.

I would appreciate any information you may have about locating such panels to borrow or rent.

Thanks for your help,
Jim McIntyre