Trumpeter Swan near Hennefer; Blue-winged Teal and more on Echo Reservoir

- ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C1E409.C3DD3FA0

The GSLAudubon field trip on Saturday April 13th produced some wonderful =
birds (44 species). Besides the Sage Grouse targeted for the trip, we =
found Common Loons on East Canyon Reservoir. Along the road between the =
two Hennefer exits we were excited to find a lone Trumpeter Swan on the =
wastewater ponds. It was close enough to get good looks at its straight =
all-black bill with a V-shaped upper border.=20

We were delighted to find the large Great Blue Heron rookery, AND =
another tree with three nests all at about the same level approximately =
30 feet off the ground. A Canada Goose was settled in on the 1st nest =
and a Red-tailed Hawk on the 3rd nest (middle one was empty.) [now I'm =
remembering that someone else reported seeing this surprising goose =
nest] Also saw our 1st Turkey Vultures and Osprey of the year.

Echo Reservoir produced the highest number of species for the day--and =
there were some great ones: Two Blue-winged Teal swimming with some =
Green-winged; Western and Clark's Grebes, a Marbled Godwit, Common and =
Red-breasted Mergansers, Common Loons, Redheads, American Wigeons, a =
Ring-necked Duck, and a Double-crested Cormorant sporting his crests. A =
great morning of birding!

Best of good birding!
Deedee O'Brien

- ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C1E409.C3DD3FA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The GSLAudubon field&nbsp;trip on =
Saturday April=20
13th&nbsp;produced some wonderful birds (44 species). Besides the Sage =
Grouse=20
targeted for the trip, we found Common Loons on East Canyon Reservoir. =
Along the=20
road between the two Hennefer exits we were excited to find a lone =
Trumpeter=20
Swan on the wastewater ponds. It was close enough to get good looks at =
its=20
straight all-black bill with a V-shaped upper border. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We were delighted to find the large =
Great Blue=20
Heron rookery, AND another tree with three nests all at about the same =
level=20
approximately 30 feet off the ground. A Canada Goose was settled in on =
the 1st=20
nest and a Red-tailed Hawk on the 3rd nest (middle one was empty.) [now =
I'm=20
remembering that someone else reported seeing this surprising goose =
nest] Also=20
saw our 1st Turkey Vultures and Osprey of the year.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Echo Reservoir produced the highest =
number of=20
species for the day--and there were some great ones: Two Blue-winged =
Teal=20
swimming with some Green-winged; Western and Clark's Grebes, a Marbled =
Godwit,=20
Common and Red-breasted Mergansers, Common Loons, Redheads, American =
Wigeons, a=20
Ring-necked Duck, and a Double-crested Cormorant sporting his crests. A =
great=20
morning of birding!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Best of good birding!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Deedee =
O'Brien</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C1E409.C3DD3FA0--