Rosy-Finches and mountain goats

- ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C1E406.C3A4F8F0

Sylvia Gray and I drove up to Alta on Thursday the 11th to try for =
Rosy-Finches. We turned onto the upper end of the road connecting Alta =
to Snowbird and parked in the convenient space uphill from the first =
house. By the time we got out a scope a flock of about 20 Rosy-Finches =
(mostly Black, but a couple of Gray-crowned as well) flew into the tops =
of the trees downhill from us. They were very cooperative. It was =
exciting to see both species in the same scope field of view! Three =
Mountain Goats across the road on the steep cliffs added to our =
pleasure. Other birds seen here were Cassin's Finch, Mtn Chickadee, Pine =
Siskins, and Stellar's Jay. It was a wonderful 1/2 hour of easy birding =
on a beautiful sunny day.=20
Deedee O'Brien

- ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C1E406.C3A4F8F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sylvia Gray and I drove up to Alta on =
Thursday the=20
11th to try for Rosy-Finches. We turned onto the upper end of the road=20
connecting Alta to Snowbird and parked&nbsp;in the convenient =
space&nbsp;uphill=20
from the first house. By the time we got out a scope a flock of about 20 =

Rosy-Finches (mostly Black, but a couple of Gray-crowned as well) flew =
into the=20
tops of the trees downhill from us. They were very cooperative. It was =
exciting=20
to see both species in the same scope field of view! Three Mountain =
Goats across=20
the road on the steep cliffs added to our pleasure. Other birds seen =
here were=20
Cassin's Finch, Mtn Chickadee, Pine Siskins, and Stellar's Jay. It was a =

wonderful 1/2 hour of easy birding on a beautiful sunny day. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Deedee =
O'Brien</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C1E406.C3A4F8F0--