Snow / Ross's Geese at Utah Lake

<forwarded by webmaster>

From: "Lara Burton" <lara@sundanceburtons.com>
Subject:  snow / ross goose at utah lake
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 18:48:29 -0700

I was at Utah Lake about 4 pm today.  There was a small group of about
14 snow geese and at least 2 Ross'.  I was able to get a very good look

with my scope.  There was another, perhaps a hybrid, small like the
Ross' but  looked like it had the "grin" marks on the bill like the
larger snow geese.
They were on the shore just west of the boat harbor.  Also, around the
airport dike there are hundreds and hundreds of pintails.  Quite a
sight,  especially when a Northern Harrier flew over and hundreds took
to the air.

Lara Burton