Snow Goose Festival

Traveled to Delta for the Snow Goose Festival--first time ever.  What
a fantastic sight!  In addition to seeing a gazillion snow geese, we
saw a red-tailed hawk get driven from a tree by a peregrine falcon out
by the Gunnison Bend Reservoir.  We saw a crane (sandhill?) flying
overhead in the Clear Lake Waterfowl Management Area and lots of
waterfowl.  That's an amazing place.  One could spend a whole day
there.
On the way home we were treated to a large owl flying through the town
of Leamington.  Total 48 species today.
Thanks to all the people who put that festival together and to Tracey
Aviary for the birds of prey exhibit.
Carol Davis