More backyard birding

Wednesday in Taylorsville I had what appeared to be a Merlin come
zooming through my backyard feeder area scattering the birds.  He landed
atop my neighbor's tree and then flew off without lunch.  Last year the
main predator was a Sharp-shin.

I added a thistle feeder to my yard and that very day had some
goldfinches feeding off of it.  I've also been putting peanut butter on
the limbs of my lilac bush, which the juncos and mountain chickadees
appreciate.  Also for the mountain chickadees I bought a tiny bird
feeder and put chopped peanuts in it--they love it.