re: redpoll

I just wanted to update everyone. I went home again for lunch today there was a lot of activity. Unfortunately I didn't see the redpoll again. Lots of house sparrows, house finches, juncos, 5 scrub jays (the most I've ever had at one time), 3 flickers, and black capped chickadees but no redpoll. I think the added feeders (thistle feeder, suet cake, and a peanut butter pinecone) In addition to my regular wild bird seed feeder, as well as my new hanging water dish are helping attract more birds to my yard. Thanks again to all those who put on the Backyard Bird Festival for the great ideas I got and to Gary Grubb for his suggestions and letting me see his beautiful backyard!!

I will keep a close watch this weekend and let you all know if I see it again.

PS my worst fear came to pass in letting people know where I live. When I arrived at my home today to check my feeders my back gate was opened and my lab and basset hound were no where to be found. I hope it is a coincidence but in the four years we have lived in this home this is the first time this has happened. Happy ending though after calling and whistling for the dogs after about 5 minutes they came bounding up the street. I would just ask that if anyone wants to check out my back yard please call me first I would not like to have to pay the consequence of my dogs running loose.

Thanks Steve