Pacific loon

This morning around 10 am (Sat 10.20.01) Eric Huish, Alona Huffaker and I
 saw a Pacific Loon at the north end of Deer Creek Reservoir in Wasatch
Co. just south of  the Charleston turnoff. The water is very low so there
is a large dry expanse before some mudflat and shoreline.  There were
several common loons, some ducks, common mergansers and western crebes.
The Pacific Loon was  by itself, diving actively and very hard to see at
first. It would stay up only for a few seconds, but Eric spotted it and
thought it different from the other loons and sure enough when we finally
got good looks, it was confirmed to be a juvenile Pacific Loon, a lifer
for all of us.
Good birding
Tuula