Inca Doves

<message forworded by the webmaster>

\From cblofty@infowest.com
From: "Casey @ Becky Lofthouse" <cblofty@infowest.com>
To: <birdnet@utahbirds.org>
Subject: INCA DOVES
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 18:09:25 -0600

Hi,

This is in response to the Inca dove sighting's in Washington, Utah
near St. George. I recently bought a house and it needed a lawn put in.
I started on the back yard and cheated a little bit with wheat seed to
turn it green quick. I noticed the Inca doves the first day I pulled my

tractor out back and started tearing up the ground. I also started
seeing them even more when I spread my seed out for the lawn. Since
this time I have been seeing about a dozen or more daily in morning and
also the evening. I have also noticed several dozen Meadow Larks. As my
dad said because of the wheat seed.

There are many different birds in the St. George area that are new to
me. I grew up in the Logan area. St. George has a completely different
climate and also is a freeway for migrating birds of all kinds. Not
only that but it has a different year around residents that are fun to
see.

For inquiry's on the my home address you can email me individually.
Enjoy the birds.

Thanks Casey Lofthouse
cblofty@infowest.com