doves

- --part1_e.1219b72f.28c44f4c_boundary

       Tuula asked me to tell more about the doves Julie and I saw this
morning.
Field marks:  1. They were bigger and bulkier looking than Ringed Turtle
Doves I've seen.   2. They were tan not white.   3. We could see the black
collar clearly on all three birds.  4. The primaries were dark, and
contrasted with the rest of the wing.  5. Our first views were face on and
there was quite a bit of black webbing under the tail. 6. The birds flushed
away as we looked at them.  7.  On the more distant view one of the birds
came in and spread its wings and tail and I saw a lot of contrasting dark in
the wings and tail coverts.
       We first saw the 3 birds on the roof cross beam of the falling down
barn.  Kathy Roach said she had seen the birds on the falling down shed on
Thursday.  They got nervous as we looked at them and flushed to the fence and
then the trees behind the falling down shed and woodpile.  Then up into the
trees on the East.
       Leena and Tuula saw them about a half hour later on the West side of
the road and they flushed into the trees to the West.  Tuula had raised
Ringed Turtledoves and said these were not the same.  She got pictures, but
thinks they are too far away.  They could not see the undertail, but did see
the dark, contrasty primaries.
Hopefully the birds will be back tomorrow, and someone can get even better
looks.

- --part1_e.1219b72f.28c44f4c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>  &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Tuula asked me to tell more about the doves Julie and I saw this
<BR>morning. &nbsp;
<BR>Field marks: &nbsp;1. They were bigger and bulkier looking than Ringed Turtle
<BR>Doves I've seen. &nbsp;&nbsp;2. They were tan not white. &nbsp;&nbsp;3. We could see the black
<BR>collar clearly on all three birds. &nbsp;4. The primaries were dark, and
<BR>contrasted with the rest of the wing. &nbsp;5. Our first views were face on and
<BR>there was quite a bit of black webbing under the tail. 6. The birds flushed
<BR>away as we looked at them. &nbsp;7. &nbsp;On the more distant view one of the birds
<BR>came in and spread its wings and tail and I saw a lot of contrasting dark in
<BR>the wings and tail coverts. &nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;We first saw the 3 birds on the roof cross beam of the falling down
<BR>barn. &nbsp;Kathy Roach said she had seen the birds on the falling down shed on
<BR>Thursday. &nbsp;They got nervous as we looked at them and flushed to the fence and
<BR>then the trees behind the falling down shed and woodpile. &nbsp;Then up into the
<BR>trees on the East. &nbsp;
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Leena and Tuula saw them about a half hour later on the West side of
<BR>the road and they flushed into the trees to the West. &nbsp;Tuula had raised
<BR>Ringed Turtledoves and said these were not the same. &nbsp;She got pictures, but
<BR>thinks they are too far away. &nbsp;They could not see the undertail, but did see
<BR>the dark, contrasty primaries.
<BR>Hopefully the birds will be back tomorrow, and someone can get even better
<BR>looks.
<BR></FONT></HTML>

- --part1_e.1219b72f.28c44f4c_boundary--