Weekend birds, part 2

- ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C0F710.A123F6C0

After arriving in Oak City (Millard Co.) we went up Oak Creek Canyon to =
take some photos of my daughter and her fiance.  Now, there is a TIME =
and a place for every thing, and this wasn't the right time for birding. =
  BUT . . .  we did come across 2 WILD TURKEYS that didn't seem to be =
too bothered by our presence.  I attributed it to there being a samll =
creek between us and them.  Anyway, I decided to take a couple of =
pictures of the turkeys, and while moving into postion, a small baby =
turkey ran out from the grass near me!!!  Now I understood why the =
turkeys weren't going anywhere!!  I quickley moved back so the "covey" =
of turkey babies could rejoin their moms, and we listened as they went =
up the hill, the babies recounting their experience, and the moms =
scolding them the whole time!
After dinner and wedding plan formulation, we decided it had been a full =
day and we ought to start for home.  It was 8 o'clock, and I turn into a =
marshmallow at 10, but I decided to take the Sinks Road (Millard Co) =
between Oak City and Lynndyll for one last birding opportunity.  We saw =
many NIGHT HAWKS, including one that posed on a branch to make sure we =
got excellent views of him, SWAINSONS HAWK, and a couple of BURROWING =
OWLS.  This is another area I'd like to spend more time birding!!
We got home at 10:30, very tired, but very satisfied!!!

Bruce

- ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C0F710.A123F6C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After arriving in Oak City (Millard =
Co.) we went up=20
Oak Creek Canyon to take some photos of my daughter and her =
fiance.&nbsp; Now,=20
there is a TIME and a place for every thing, and this wasn't the right =
time for=20
birding.&nbsp;&nbsp; BUT . . .&nbsp; we did come across 2 WILD TURKEYS =
that=20
didn't seem to be too bothered by our presence.&nbsp; I attributed it to =
there=20
being a samll creek between us and them.&nbsp; Anyway, I decided to take =
a=20
couple of pictures of the turkeys, and while moving into postion, a =
small baby=20
turkey ran out from the grass near me!!!&nbsp; Now I understood why the =
turkeys=20
weren't going anywhere!!&nbsp; I quickley moved back so the "covey" of =
turkey=20
babies could rejoin their moms, and we listened as they went up the =
hill, the=20
babies recounting their experience, and the moms scolding them the whole =

time!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After dinner and wedding plan =
formulation, we=20
decided it had been a full day and we ought to start for home.&nbsp; It =
was 8=20
o'clock, and I turn into a marshmallow at 10, but I decided to take the =
Sinks=20
Road (Millard Co)&nbsp;between Oak City and Lynndyll for one last =
birding=20
opportunity.&nbsp; We saw many NIGHT HAWKS, including one that posed on =
a branch=20
to make sure we got excellent views of him, SWAINSONS HAWK, and a couple =

of&nbsp;BURROWING OWLS.&nbsp; This is another area I'd like to spend =
more time=20
birding!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We got home at 10:30, very tired, but =
very=20
satisfied!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bruce</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C0F710.A123F6C0--