Weekend birds, part 1

- ------=_NextPart_000_007F_01C0F70E.F6FC3320

What an enjoyable weekend!!!  It all started with the email from Alona =
Huffaker and the Northern Parula in Springville (Utah Co.).  Thanks =
Alona for being such a great hostess and allowing us to view this =
beautiful bird in your yard!!!  And good views we did get!!!  Anyway, I =
ended up spending 2 1/2 hours at Alona's watching (and watching for!) =
the Parula and putting faces to several of the names that I've seen =
posting on this list.  If I hadn't seen another bird this weekend, I =
would have been satisfied! =20
After leaving Alona's, I had planned on birding the road between Scipio =
(Millard Co.) and Redmond, near Salina (Sevier Co.)  Because I had spent =
so much time in Springville, my birding time was somewaht limited, but I =
did manage to log 22 species at Scipio Resevoir.  Nothing unusual, but I =
don't think I will ever tire of watching the terns hover and plunge into =
the water.  Among the birds seen were WHITE FACED IBIS, EARED GREBES, =
CLARK'S GREBES, NORTHERN PINTAILS, PELICANS, BLUE HERONS, and of course =
the FORSTERS TERNS.
6/16
I spent Friday night in Redmond.  My wife had been there for a week =
visiting with her sister.  I woke up Saturday morning and decided I'd =
bird Redmond Resevoir (Sevier Co).  Much the same birds as were at =
Scipio Resevoir, but no terns.  I stopped back at the house at 7:30, =
everyone was still asleep, so I headed north of town to do some birding =
along the sagebrush flats.  I found several SAGE THRASHERS, SAVANNAH =
SPARROWS, and a YELLOW BREASTED CHAT.  I heard the chat long before I =
found it, and knew I had heard that song before but couldn't remember =
what bird sang it!  Fortunately, the chat was more than cooperative a =
couple of hours later when I took Lynn by to see it!!
On our way over to Oak City to met my future son-in-laws parents, we =
stopped by Maple Grove campground (Millard Co.), whaich isn't very far =
from Scipio Resevoir.  I think I'd like to spend more time birding that =
little campground!  In the few minutes we were there I found YELLOW =
WARBLERS, PLUMBEOUS VIREO, CHIPPING SPARROWS, and BREWER'S SPARROWS.

- ------=_NextPart_000_007F_01C0F70E.F6FC3320

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What an enjoyable weekend!!!&nbsp; It =
all started=20
with the email from Alona Huffaker and the Northern Parula in =
Springville (Utah=20
Co.).&nbsp; Thanks Alona for being such a great hostess and allowing us =
to view=20
this beautiful bird in your yard!!!&nbsp; And good views we did =
get!!!&nbsp;=20
Anyway, I ended up spending 2 1/2 hours at Alona's watching (and =
watching=20
<U>for!) </U>the Parula and putting faces to several of the names that =
I've seen=20
posting on this list.&nbsp; If I hadn't seen another bird this weekend, =
I would=20
have been satisfied!&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After leaving Alona's, I had planned on =
birding the=20
road between Scipio (Millard Co.) and Redmond, near Salina (Sevier =
Co.)&nbsp;=20
Because I had spent so much time in Springville, my birding time was =
somewaht=20
limited, but I did manage to log 22 species at Scipio Resevoir.&nbsp; =
Nothing=20
unusual, but I don't think I will ever tire of watching the terns hover =
and=20
plunge into the water.&nbsp; Among the birds seen were WHITE FACED IBIS, =
EARED=20
GREBES, CLARK'S GREBES, NORTHERN PINTAILS, PELICANS, BLUE HERONS, and of =
course=20
</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>the FORSTERS TERNS.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>6/16</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I spent Friday night in Redmond.&nbsp; =
My wife had=20
been there for a week visiting with her sister.&nbsp; I woke up Saturday =
morning=20
and decided I'd bird Redmond Resevoir (Sevier Co).&nbsp; Much the same =
birds as=20
were at Scipio Resevoir, but no terns.&nbsp; I stopped back at the house =
at=20
7:30, everyone was still asleep, so I headed north of town to do some =
birding=20
along the sagebrush flats.&nbsp; I found several SAGE THRASHERS, =
SAVANNAH=20
SPARROWS, and a YELLOW BREASTED CHAT.&nbsp; I heard the chat long before =
I found=20
it, and knew I had heard that song before but couldn't remember what =
bird sang=20
it!&nbsp; Fortunately, the chat was more than cooperative a couple of =
hours=20
later when I took Lynn by to see it!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>On our way over to Oak City to met my =
future=20
son-in-laws parents, we stopped by Maple Grove campground (Millard Co.), =
whaich=20
isn't very far from Scipio Resevoir.&nbsp; I think I'd like to spend =
more time=20
birding that little campground!&nbsp; In the few minutes we were there I =
found=20
YELLOW WARBLERS, PLUMBEOUS VIREO, CHIPPING SPARROWS, and BREWER'S=20
SPARROWS.</FONT></DIV>

- ------=_NextPart_000_007F_01C0F70E.F6FC3320--