2 American Goldfinches, one male and female in Weber Co.

Wow,
Another first and I've enjoyed the company of these two birds all day long
as they visit my feeder. That's not all though.
I was in the front planting two Barberry bushes when I went in for a drink.
>From the kitchen I heard a loud calling bird that was calling something like
Teeeuuweeet...teer! Teeeuuweeet...teer! over and over. I looked at the
feeders from inside and didn't see any birds at all. The call was so loud I
had to see what it was so I went outside and started walking to the back of
my property thinking the bird must have been on the ground. I got 8 feet
from my newly planted maple when I realized it was the male AG making the
racket and was sitting right in front of me on a branch! I was amazed that
it didn't fly away and continued with its call. I slowly walked around to
the front and brought my wife back for a look. It remained for a few minutes
and then flew to my hopper filled with black oiled sf seed.

Cheers,

Ron Wheeler
Eden (near Nordic Valley and Powder Mountain) Weber Co.