asking for advise regarding inexpensive spotting scopes

Hi folks,

I'm looking at the Nikon Sky & Earth 60mm spotting scope with a 15-45x eye
piece for in-home as well as field use. I like that it focuses down to 15ft
regardless of which eyepiece is used and that I can get it for $300 or so
from Eagle or B&H.
I'd like to know if there is something else that would be a much better
choice that I'm unaware of found in the same price range.

You folks were immensely helpful not long ago when I was buying my first
quality binoculars and thus here I am again. I realize that I could have
more capability by spending more but just as with the binocs, I want capable
but inexpensive/quality beginner equipment first. Leica, Zeiss and the other
money is no object favorites will come after I know exactly what I want in a
spotting scope.

Cheers,

Ron Wheeler
Eden