Indigo bunting

April 24 (Thursday)

The Indigo Bunting reported by Tuula Rose was seen at 7:55 pm. It flew over
the street sign post marking 4400 South and River Lane (same location
previously reported near Swede Lane) and perched on a tree branch on the
south side of the road.  With the sun at our backs, we had a great view for
about two minutes.  I was surprised to see a yellowish bill--the guide books
by Sibley, Kaufmann, and Peterson do not show such a yellow bill.

Tuula told us about two Semipalmated Sandpipers at Lincoln's Beach which
were located working their way along the shore.

Thanks Tuula for your sharp eyes and diligent reporting!