Airport Dike Road, Utah Co.

- ------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C0CB68.A2783C80

I took a chance this afternoon hoping that the wind hadn't blown all of =
the Utah County birds to somewhere south of Nephi!  A drive around the 5 =
mile loop gave me 24 species.
Most notable were about 20 Snowy Egrets, 2 Great Egrets, and a lone =
Cattle Egret near some cows at the north end of the road.  I also logged =
2 Forster's Terns in the last "pond" near the north west end of the =
road, a half dozen Clark's Grebes, 9 Red-Breasted Mergansers, several =
Black Necked Stilts, many Avocets at either end of the road (and NO bald =
eagles!!), a single Pied Billed Grebe, and many Double Crested =
Cormorants and White Pelicans.
The Yellow-Headed Blackbirds and their raucous calls were everywhere.  =
How can such an attractive bird have such an obnoxious call??
There were lots of swallows, and I was able to ID the Tree Swallows and =
Barn Swallows, but I suspect there were others there as well.=20
An enjoyable, if not a little bit chilly, afternoon.

Bruce =20

- ------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C0CB68.A2783C80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I took a chance this afternoon hoping =
that the wind=20
hadn't blown all of the Utah County birds to somewhere south of =
Nephi!&nbsp; A=20
drive around the 5 mile loop gave me 24 species.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Most notable were about 20 Snowy =
Egrets, 2 Great=20
Egrets, and a lone Cattle Egret near some cows at the north end of the=20
road.&nbsp; I also logged 2 Forster's Terns in the last "pond" near the =
north=20
west end of the road, a half dozen Clark's Grebes, 9 Red-Breasted =
Mergansers,=20
several Black Necked Stilts, many Avocets at either end of the road (and =
NO bald=20
eagles!!), a single Pied Billed Grebe, and many Double Crested =
Cormorants and=20
White Pelicans.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Yellow-Headed Blackbirds and their =
raucous=20
calls were&nbsp;everywhere.&nbsp; How can such an attractive bird have =
such an=20
obnoxious call??</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There were lots of swallows, and I was =
able to ID=20
the Tree Swallows and Barn Swallows, but I suspect there were others =
there as=20
well.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>An enjoyable, if not a little bit =
chilly,=20
afternoon.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bruce&nbsp; </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C0CB68.A2783C80--