From: D Bruce Robinson [mailto:dbruce@prodigy.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 9:10 PM
To: Bird mailing list
Subject: Farmington Bay, Davis Co.

I was asked by an out-of-state subscriber to pass on a request to include
the county name when we are posting to the list.  I guess I sometimes forget
that not everyone knows where Mueller Park or Bountiful City dump are (by
the way, where is "Shaggy Mountain Drive"???)  Anyway, I'm going to start
including county information with my postings.
I spent about an hour at Farmington Bay this afternoon, and while I did not
see any exotic rarities, I did get "chatted" at (and eventually "saw") Marsh
Wrens at 3 different spots just south of the locked gate at the end of the
dike.  I also saw 6 Cinnamon Teal just after turning south past Goose Egg
Island (I think that is what it is called).  I logged my first Bufflehead a
couple of weeks ago, and now it seems like I see them everywhere!!!
Does anyone recall whether the gate to the dike gets locked on March 1st, or
is it at then end of the month?  I'm sure enjoying driving out on the
dike!!!

Bruce