HARRIS' SPARROW

 This afternoon I finally located a HARRIS' SPARROW in Utah County. It is probably the same one found on our Christmas Bird Count near River Lane in Palmyra. Todays bird was located just east of the intersection of 4600 south and Palmyra Drive in Palmyra, which is northwest of Spanish Fork. The bird was in a mixed flock of juncos, white-crowned sparrows, and song sparrows. They were feeding on the ground in a bare spot on the south side of  4600 south, across the street from the only house in the area.
 Palmyra Drive goes east at the only intersection between the Sweedes Lane and River Lane roads. If you are familiar with where the eastern phoebe was found a few years back,  the HARRIS' SPARROW is on that same road {4600 south} just 50 yards west.
 Good Luck! The bird is an immature.