UCB Newsletter

Utah County Birders Newsletter June 2005

For the full newsletter ( Feather Talk, Field Trip Reports, Field Trip Photos, Random Observations, Backyard Bird of the Month and more) visit http://www.utahbirds.org/newsletters/2004-5/2005_06.html .

JUNE MEETING:

Wednesday, June 8th.

Steve Carr - A slide presentation on the Birds of the Bible. There are 30+ bird species mentioned in the Bible.

Meet at 7:00 PM in the Bean Museum Auditorium on the BYU Campus.

FIELD TRIPS:

June 4th (Sat): 5:00 am - Pelican Lake and Ouray NWR - Target birds: American bittern, black terns, waterfowl, waders, and any straggling peeps and warblers. Meet at 5:00 A.M. at the North end of the Springville Wal-Mart parking lot - Exit 262.
1. We plan to arrive at Ouray at around 7:30 a.m. We'll begin by walking some of
the dikes in the Leota bottoms unit. We'll then make the auto tour loop around
Sheppard Bottom. We should arrive at Pelican Lake sometime around mid to late
morning.
2. There are no services in the area. Plan on starting the day with a full tank
of gas and on bringing your own food and water.
3. I would advice long pants and a long sleeved shirt as protection against the
insects we will encounter. Not all of them are deterred by mosquito repellant,
which should none the less also be an essential part of your trip supplies.
4. We will leave promptly. Please don't be late!

June 18th (Sat): 7:00 am to about noon - River Lane and Lincoln Point - Meet at 7:00 A.M. at the Sam's Club parking lot in East Bay in Provo(1313 S University Ave). We meet at the end of the parking lot next to University Ave.

June 25th (Sat): 7:00 am to about 11:00 am - Aspen Grove - Meet at 7:00 A.M. at the 800 North park and ride at the mouth of Provo Canyon (on the North side of 8th North between the gas station and the mouth of the canyon.)

Eric Huish Pleasant Grove UT poorwill_@hotmail.com 801-360-8777