UCB Field Trip to Ouray this Saturday

Upcoming Utah County Birders Field Trip

June 4th (Sat): 5:00 am - Pelican Lake and Ouray NWR - Led by Lu Giddings -
Target birds: American bittern, black terns, waterfowl, waders, and any
straggling peeps and warblers. Meet at 5:00 A.M. at the North end of the
Springville Wal-Mart parking lot - Exit 262.

1. We plan to arrive at Ouray at around 7:30 a.m. We'll begin by walking some of the dikes in the Leota bottoms unit. We'll then make the auto tour loop around Sheppard Bottom. We should arrive at Pelican Lake sometime around mid to late morning.
2. There are no services in the area. Plan on starting the day with a full tank of gas and on bringing your own food and water.
3. I would advice long pants and a long sleeved shirt as protection against the insects we will encounter. Not all of them are deterred by mosquito repellent, which should none the less also be an essential part of your trip supplies.
4. We will leave promptly. Please don't be late!