Blue-winged Teal

I saw a male and female BW Teal in the vegetation where the Provo River empties into the lake at the Utah State Park. They were going in and out of the reeds, so be patient if you go down to see them.

I went out to Elberta to see if the Burrowing Owls were here yet. There was a fox sitting at the entrance to the den they used last year. Perhaps someone is trying to trap the fox (or foxes) because it looked like there was a steel cage by the hole.

I didn't have a lot of time to bird today, but I did add 11 year birds to my list (Western Kingbird, Snowy Egret, Vesper Sparrow, Lark Sparrow, Clark's and Western Grebes, Rock Wren, etc). Hopefully I won't be working so many days this week so I can go out and find other new arrivals.

Cheryl
Provo