Provo Area Birding

    I did about an hour and a half of birding around
Provo City today. My first stop was the East Bay
Ponds. Highlights included about a dozen Lesser
Yellowlegs. Next I went to Bicentenial Park near the
old Pioneer Drive-in. Highlights included a Townsend
Solitaire, Downey Woodpecker and several Ruby-crowned
Kinglets. Next I went to check the flowserve ponds in
Springville. I was shocked to only find one Northern
Shovler, usually I find dozens there. Also found one
immature male Common Goldeneye and a beautiful male
Belted Kingfisher. Also about a dozen Yellow-rumped
Warblers. I then went and saw the Wood Ducks along the
Provo River in West Provo. At Utah Lake State Park
there were three Goldeneyes and one Bufflehead in the
harbor. On 820 N. in Provo near the freeway by the
train tracks was a flock of about 75 Mourning Doves.
Seemed a lot for this time of year. Does anyone know
if Dennis still has a White-throated Sparrow at his
feeder? That's all for now.

KC Childs

http://mail.yahoo.com