Cliff Swallow with a white head

Dear UT Co. Birders,

I thought you would like to see these photos of an aberrant Cliff
Swallow mudding.  Photo was taken on 5/28/04 at the UVSC rrigation ponds with a Nikon D100.  I cropped these from much larger photos of about  40 to 50 birds and inwhich I did not know that I had an aberrant individual amongst the group until I downloaded the file from the camera and panned around on the photo.  I did this everal days later, and there it was, this strange bird!  It looks like the creamy-whitist mark across the forehead has spread across the entire head and is much whiter in color.  Has anyone out there ever seen a Cliff Swallow similar to this one?  I am hoping it will return next year so that we can following its nesting and see what its offspring might look like.

Wayne

http://utahbirds.org/hotlinephotos/CliffSwallow.htm

Dr. Wayne H. Whaley
Professor