big sit yesterday

Hi,

We had a Big Sit out at the Provo Airport dike yesterday. KC and I were joined by Milt Moody, Tuula Rose and Larry Draper for part of the day. We had a good time even though we didn't pass last years total. We saw 45 species, 8 species short of last year. I blame the low water level. Last year we had 4 species of grebe, this year only Western. Even though we didn't reach our goal 45 species from one spot on a beautiful day with good company is what I consider a successful Big Sit.

The most interesting birds were Herring Gull, Western Scrub-Jay, Mountain Chickadee and Lincoln's Sparrow. I had seen a Great Egret from our spot the day before but on the day of the sit the Egret stayed in the moat at the SouthEAST corner and we weren't able to get it on the list.

Here is a list of what we did see:

Can Goose
Gadwall
Am Wigeon