Field Trip -- Good birds at Utah Lake SP.

There were some good birds we found on the field trip.

At Utah Lake State Park there were PECTORAL SANDPIPERS, SANDERLINGS, A
SEMIPALMATED PLOVER, both kinds of YELLOWLEGS, some other peeps and
some of the more regular species.  We couldn't find the Zone-teiled
Hawk. however.

Near where the White Ibis was seen Dennis and Lu spotted a couple of
PEREGRINE FALCONS, there were a couple of SANDHILL CRANES in the area
(in the fields and flying by).

Aaron Smith saw a COMMON TERN at the mouth of the Spanish Fork River
around the beach.  Some of us tried to find it and saw three terns of
the right size flying around near and far, but we couldn't find one
that we could definitely identify as a common. (We learned a lot about
Forster's and Common Terns in different plumages, though).

There are some nice birds around here this fall season!
Milt

http://vote.yahoo.com