Warblers

Boys and girls!
Looks like it is  time for the annual fall migration warbler quest again!
 The redstart yesterday got me going and I spent two hours this morning
(Su 8/15/04 9-11 am) at River Lane. (Can you guess what my passion is?)
I saw  yellow, Virginias, yellow rumped, orange crowned and NASHVILLE
warblers. Also warbling and plumbeous vireos and a blue grosbeak.
Checking my records a couple of years back showed the week of August 20th
as the start of that warbler fallout  in 2001.

The trick is to drive slowly with your windows open and listen for the
chickadees. When you hear them, park, and follow the group foraging along
the road. The migrants are usually following close by in the same group.
(If you listen for warbler song and try to find the singer,  you'll most
likely only find the yellows that are still singing on their territories
along the river bank.)

Good birding   ~  Tuula