Cliff Swallows on UVSC campus

Hay ya-all,

Today (May 23 am) I was on campus and there are 200+ Cliff Swallows busy
building nests on the west stairway to the Pope Science Bldg.. You should
come watch as they build their nests--very interesting.  Their nests at
this location were half or more completed on Friday May 14 when they were
torn down.  Now they are back and busy.  Arrangements have been made to
allow them to remain at this location this season.  A nesting structure
may be build to accommodate them in subsequent years.  We are real excite
to have them in a location where they are easily studied.  A wonderful
bird.  Thanks for your support!

Sincerely, Wayne H. Whaley

Dr. Wayne H. Whaley
Professor