Cliff Swallows on UVSC campus

Hay all you bird lovers like me:

Here on UVSC's campus the Cliff Swallows arrived on 12 May.  They are very
active right now with nest building and they are easily watched at close
quarters on the south side of our campus (by the Administration Bldg. at
the cement stairs overhanging the bike racks).  They are wonderful to
watch as they mold their gourd-shaped mud nests--you don't want to miss
it.  And again, as I said they have little fear of man.  You can stand
right below them and watch with great detail, even without binoculars.
There are dozens of them or maybe even over a hundred of them.  So please
stop by to take a look.  Also, we are trying to save them because some of
the grounds supervisors in administration are determined to destroy their
nests again this year because they don't like the mess they leave below
their nests.  Come watch and by doing so you are helping in our efforts to
save these beautiful birds at UVSC campus.  Some in administration feel
that no one cares about them, especially one individual who hired a person
"the nest destroyer" last year to knock down their nests.  Please come
watch and support our efforts to save these wonderful birds.

Wayne

Dr. Wayne H. Whaley
Professor
Department of Biology