UCB Southern Utah Tour

Hi All:
I was hoping someone would make a report.  It is late coming.  Eventually
13 intrepid UCB birders arrived in the Zion, St. George, Lytle areas.
Not all birders were able to get to all the areas.
                We arrived at Zion National Park Thursday May 6.  Under
the expert guidance of Carol Jean we all good looks at the Painted
Redstart.  For some it was a lifer.  From there Carol Jean lead us to the
Inca Doves.  After dark were once again led to a location where many were
able to see the Lesser Nighthawk.
        Next day, with Carol Jean leading,  we went to Lytle where we saw
the following Common Blackhawk, Verdin, Hooded Oriole. White Winged Dove,
Phainopepla, Summer Tanager, Brown Crested Flycatcher, Ladder Backed
Woodpecker and some others.
        On the road to Lytle we saw Cactus Wren, Black Throated Sparrow,
and the Loggerhead Shrike.  On Utah Hill we saw Black Chinned Sparrow,
Grey Verio and the Scott's Oriole..At Gunlock Reservoir Costa's
Hummingbird.
        In ST. George area, Crissal Thrasher, Abert's Towhee and
Vermillion Flycatcher.  There were many others.  I am going by memory and
that is kind of dangerous.  Many of us had a bird count of 70 plus
species.
        To a person, on the tour, we were all in agreement that it was
one of the best tours ever.  Thanks very much to Carol Jean for her
expert guide service, and her generous hospitality
Reed

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!