Ruffed Grouse and Field trip on May 5th

     Today I hiked up to Stewart Falls from the Aspen Grove trailhead up the North Fork of Provo Canyon above Sundance. Along the way got excellent looks at two Ruffed Grouse. Also the other birds seen were Golden-crowned Kinglet, Brown Creeper, Red-breasted Nuthatch and several other mountain birds. Also Chipping Sparrows have arrived up there and could hear some Broad-tailed Hummers. No Swifts at the falls though.
    Also on Wednesday the 5th we will be having a bird walk along the area around the Provo River Oxbow. Take Exit 268 (I-15) in Provo and go about 2 miles west towards Utah Lake State Park.  Just before you get to the fee station for the state park, turn right and go about a block and turn right on Boat Harbor Road.  Go about a mile to a parking lot that's right next to the road. We will be looking for songbirds and whatever else catches our eye. Meet at 8:00 A.M. Hope to see you there.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?