Osprey, Horned Grebe, Turkey Vulture

Well everyday seems to bring more and more arrivals for spring. Today I was able to locate the Horned Grebe in Springville that was originally found by Mike Monson and refound by Tuula. It had its feathering on head and all. Beautiful bird. At Utah Lake State Park there was a Lesser Yellowlegs, lots of singing Marsh Wrens, Buffleheads, Lesser Scaup, Redheads and several other species of ducks. Several Swallows flying around as well. At the Osprey Platform north of Harbor Road in Provo there was an Osprey flying from platform to platform, back and forth. Also in the fields along Harbor Road was a pair of Sandhill Cranes. There were also several Avocets down around Lincoln Beach, but still no Black-necked Stilts, even though Eric has seen them at Lindon Boat Harbor. Also today I saw my first Turkey Vulture flying over my work today in Orem. I am really getting excited for this spring. Am loving the weather and the birds.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?