Utah Lake State Park/Lindon B. Harbor

Erich Huish and I ran out this morning to do some birdwatching. We are hoping in locating the gull that I saw and thought was a possible Mew Gull. Dennis Shirley also saw a bird that was similar to the one I saw on Monday. So it is very possible for it to be around. At the state park it was raining, and very few gulls. Mostly Herring Gulls. Still Bald Eagles on the ice and Pelicans. We then went and checked some gull hangouts in Provo and Orem and those only produced California and Ring-billed Gulls. We then went down to Lindon Boat Harbor. There were hundreds of gulls out on the ice there, but they were a bit off and hard to identify to species. It is very possible that is the same large flock that I saw it in? Anyway there were also Pelicans there and a large number of waterfowl including birds like Canvasback, Lesser Scaup and large number of Common Mergansers. Anyway if anyone is around the State Park keep an eye out for a small gull that is possibly a Mew Gull.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?