Northern Shrike, Possible Mew Gull

I went around the airport dike this afternoon and to the Utah Lake State Park. There were both Loggerhead and Northern Shrikes on the dike. The Northern Shrike was a 1st winter. I have been seeing a 1st winter on Skipper Bay, at the State Park and now the airport dike, this winter, possibly the same one? At the state park there were 4 American White Pelicans and 9 Bald Eagles. 8 of them were on the ice. Now for the possible Mew Gull. A gull got my attention by it's small size flying around the Provo River outlet. It soon landed on a log with a California and  Ring-billed Gull. It was very much smaller then both birds. Smaller then the ring-billed. It had a smaller bill that was yellow but did have some black on it, but nothing like the ring-billed. It had a darker iris, not clear like the ring-billed on the log. But I did not have a scope so this was all made from binocular observation. I saw it in flight and had a very similar wing pattern to a Mew Gull, but then again a Ring-billed would have a similar pattern. It then flew over to the harbor with a huge flock of gulls, and was unable to find it there, but there were several gulls, and it could of flown elsewhere. I plan on going back in the morning with a scope. But I just remember people talking about a smaller type Ring-billed Gull in Spanish Fork. ( before I was birding ) If anyone has any insight that would be great. There were also several Herring Gulls.

Do you Yahoo!?