Merlin and Barn Owl

Maybe of some interest to the UCBrs. I went down to the Tipanogos Waste Water Treatment Plant today. I caught a break between the rain and snow but the wind was still cold. A Merlin was hunting the area. I saw it in a few different spots. There was a Barn Owl hidden in a willow tree along the back fence. It was concealed very well. I would never have seen it had I not been searching through the trees looking specifically for owls. It was in the smaller willow tree away from the fence just east of the large willow tree growing over the fence. There were also RB Mergansers, RN Duck, Gadwall and such in the ponds.

Eric Huish Pleasant Grove UT poorwill_@hotmail.com 801-360-8777