Common Loon

Today I saw my very first Common Loon on Utah Lake. I have seen them only two other times here in Utah County. The Common Loon was at Utah Lake State Park. He was in the harbor. I would imagine him to stay for a bit. Also there were Common Mergansers and Lesser Scaup around. It was snowing heavily, so visibility was low. I was surprised to see so many Pelicans out in this weather, seemed odd to me. The lake is filling up just a tiny bit, hopefully this weather trend keeps up.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?