Snowy plover

This morning (Su 8.3.03 10am) observed  a snowy plover family, mom and
three puffballs, at Lincoln Beach. I think Reed mentioned finding the
nest  a few weeks ago and keeping quiet about it.   Since the young ones
are  now out  speeding along the shoreline under mom's watchful eye,  I
think they can be scoped and binned ( that might not be a real word but
you know what I mean) safely from a respectable distance.
River lane was quiet. Only swallows and the meow of a sculking catbird in
the  willows. One lonely Eurasian collared-dove on his customary post at
the bow of the leaning barn.

Good birding  ~ Tuula