Black Bellied Plovers, Horned Grebes and others.

I ran out for a little bit this afternoon around two. I saw 12 Black Bellied Plovers at the end of River Lane west of Springville. They were out sitting on a sandbar. Also there were 2 Marbled Godwits there. Along 6300 south ( this is the road that runs east west that takes you out to Lincoln Beach ) there is a large pond/lake or something. Anyway in there I saw my first ever Horned Grebe for Utah County. Also there were Greater Yellowlegs, Wilson's Phalropes and White Faced Ibis and much waterfowl and other common shorebirds. Also out in the fields near 4000 west were 6 Cattle Egret. At Lincoln Beach there was Willets and Long Billed Dowitchers and plenty of Stilts and Avocets. I also saw my first northern Utah Western Kingbird. What a beautiful bird. The Horned Grebes ( there were two ) were in Breeding plumage. This is my first time witnessing this. Also 11 of the Black Bellied Plovers were in breeding plumage. What an amazing sight it was.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?