Greater Sage Grouse Tour

Greetings All:
Eight brave birders met near the mouth of Provo Canyon and drove to
Hennifer area to view the grouse.  We arrived there at about 6:15 AM
which was about right.  We counted 36 males and 8 females.  Three were
right in the road.  We continued on down to East Cyn. Res.  where there
many common loons.  Our prise bird on tne Reservoir was the long tailed
duck without the long tail.  There were mergansers, green-winged teal,
scaup and other more common species.  We returned on the route we took
up.  While touring we saw a red tail on a nest, a flock of turkey
vultures, nesting pairs of GB heron and at least 12 pair of sandhill
cranes.. We saw many other species.  It was a great birding day.
Reed

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com