Airport Dike

I just thought that I would post what I saw out on the dike today. I went out around 4 for about an hour. There were thousands of dabbling ducks around the new extension area. Also 25 Pelicans. Good to see them returning. There were some Common Mergansers in the moat. Also I looked for sparrows besides White Crowned, Song and Juncos. No luck yet. The Meadowlarks were singing. The Killdeer numbers seem to be up. They seemed to be quite scarce this winter in the valley. It seems like spring is slowly starting up. Also I was wondering why they were burning all the catails. I figure it is for the farmers to plow and plant there crops. As it looks like they are doing already. the northeast area of the extension was just recently plowed. I was wondering if the farmers owned that land where the lake used to be? Does anyone know. But there wasn't much out on the dike. Thought I would pass it along.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?