2-9-03

>From: Julie VanMoorhem
>Date: Monday, February 10, 2003
>Subject: 2-9-03

Pomera Fronce and I birded in Utah Co. Sunday. The Varied Thrush is still
at Salem Pond. We saw it first in the tree in the driving/parking "loop"
at the end of the pond. Then we saw it in the smallish deciduous tree near
the driveway of the first house on the right as you go up the hill. Also
saw Cedar Waxwings in the trees below the house on the same side. A female
Hooded Merganser was on the pond near the bridge on the opposite end of
the pond.

In Goshen Canyon we saw a Canyon Wren in the rocks near the small shed (to
the right of the shed as you look at it from the road).

Came back home via the west side of Utah Lake. Saw about 5 Rough-legged
Hawks on the power poles along the way, and a couple of Bald Eagles in the
trees.

A pretty good half-day in the field.

Good birding y'all,
Julie